Saturday, September 16, 2023

Dapper Little Gentleman

After making my Purple Flowered Maternity Dress, I decided I had plenty of the dark purple I used for the belt to make a matching vest for my little gentleman.

I found the perfect piece of purple satin for a lining and bow tie...  a scrap from a Regency dress made for a friend, used to mock-up the top of my 1930's Evening Gown... Being so tiny, I managed to fit the vest and tie pieces on the stored away mock-up. Hurray for being a bit of a sewing project/mock-up pack-rat! 😜

The buttons, as often is the case, were from the pile my Dad found at an estate sale years ago. 

Next up, I made him a pair of tan pants out of a small scrap of twill passed on to me and stored to use later.

The shirt was a thrift store find that looked like it would work with the purple, and finished off the suit nicely. 

 
It was fun to make him something that "matched" Mommy, and such a breeze to put together kiddo clothes! It was refreshing to take a pattern and sew it with very few modifications!

1 comment: